What is La Virée?
If you live in a region other than Gaspésie and Magdalen Islands and are eligible to attend college next fall, this activity is for you. La Virée aims to make you discover the Gaspé campus or the École des pêches et de l’aquaculture du Québec (ÉPAQ) in Grande-Rivière. This will allow you to validate your choice of program of study and CEGEP.
On November 17, a bus chartered by the Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles will leave from Montréal and make stops along the way to take you to Gaspé or Grande-Rivière.
On November 18, you will have the opportunity to attend a class in the program of your choice and meet the faculty and student community. In addition to visiting the establishment, you will participate in an afternoon outdoor activity that will allow you to become familiar with the area.
On November 19, it is the bus ride back to your region.
Depending on the program you wish to learn more about, you will either be at the Gaspé campus or at ÉPAQ. Here is the schedule for your stay:
Each person must pay the $70 fee for their registration to be considered complete. These fees include transportation by chartered bus from Montreal (or from the chosen stop) to the Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles as well as meals, lodging and activities on site. Participants are responsible for providing their own meals during bus transportation (lunch or fast food money).
Possible Stops for Charter Bus Boarding
- Montréal: 4825 Pierre-De Coubertin Avenue (StarCité Cinema)
- Drummondville: 125 Saint-Joseph Boulevard (St-Hubert Restaurant)
- Charny: 8001 Des Églises Avenue (Arena)
- La Pocatière: 10 Du Quai Road (Regional Tourism House)
- Rivière-du-Loup: 80 Cartier Boulevard (St-Hubert Restaurant)
- Rimouski: 395 Arthur-Buies Boulevard East (St-Hubert Restaurant)
- Matane: 145 Piuze Street (Canadian Tire)
How to Register
Please note that registrations are now closed for this year. Thanks!
No refunds are possible.
Prepare your Departure
In anticipation of your visit, please bring:
- Your meal and snacks or money to buy your meal during the bus transportation on November 17 and 19;
- Walking boots or sneakers;
- Warm clothing for outdoor activities;
- A toque;
- A scarf;
- A reusable water bottle.
This is not a complete list of what you need to bring, but a guide to help you plan for certain items.
Do you have any questions?
Here is our contact info:
- 418-368-2201, extension 1380