If a POWER OUTAGE occurs:
- Stay calm;
- Stop and wait for the generator to start and the emergency lighting units to operate;
- Reassure those around you.
If you are in a dark room:
- Before leaving the premises, make sure they are safe (chemicals, burners, etc.);
- Slowly move to a better-lit area until things return to normal.
If you are in a room with natural or emergency lighting
- Stay put and carry on with your business;
- Use flashlights only for lighting (do not use open flames).
- If necessary, notify the person in charge by calling:
- Gaspé campus: 418 368-2201, extension 8888
- Magdalen Islands campus: 418 986-5187, extension 2222
- Carleton-sur-Mer campus: 418 364-3341, extension 4444
- École des pêches et de l’aquaculture du Québec: 418 385-2241, extension 3333
- Montreal campus: 1 888 368-2201, extension 7777
Follow the safety instructions given to you by the emergency measures coordinator.