We’re looking for our next:
Adventure Tourism Teacher
Your role with us
As a teacher, you will be a specialist in a discipline, and you will pass on your passion for it to students.
Building on your knowledge of the subject matter and your teaching skills, you will plan, prepare and deliver teaching, learning and assessment activities.
Your teaching task
1 teaching workload
Supervision of Outdoor Activities (45 periods)
Wilderness Camp Management (45 periods)
Outdoor Cooking (45 periods)
|Québec Traditional Cultures and Indigenous Perspectives (45 periods)|
1 teaching workload of 51%
|Guilding a River Expedition (60 periods)|
|Canoeing (2 groups of 45 periods each)|
What we are looking for
A collegial teacher is responsible for all activities related to teaching, including:
- An organised person who prepares the syllabi, courses, labs and practicums with attention to detail;
- A motivated person who teaches courses and laboratories with dynamism;
- A person who is committed to helping and supporting their students;
- A rigorous person who prepares and corrects exams, as well as supervising evaluation periods;
- A person who is committed to attending team meetings, participating in pedagogical days and ensuring good coordination between the different departments.
What you must have
- First degree university diploma in an appropriate specialisation field for this job. A collegial diploma combined with work experience in an appropriate specialisation field for this job will be considered
- Wilderness first responder (80 hours)
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Any educational background and experience will be considered an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teaching skills
- A sense of responsibility
- Ability to listen
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Gaspé Campus
Period of Intended Employment:
From August 14, 2023 to January 12, 2024
Tests : Candidates will be required to meet the language proficiency requirements set by the CEGEP.
Equal Employment Opportunity Program : The Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles applies an equal access program. Women, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and visible and ethnic minorities are invited to apply.
Deadline to apply: June 2, 2023
Post Number: 10103