Individual and Society 300.3i
Duration: 2 years
Offered at: English Section
Also offered at: English Section
Description of program
Explore the issues affecting humans with the support of a dynamic team. Develop your critical thinking to gain a better understanding of the world that surrounds you. Build a solid foundation for yourself as you prepare for university.
Choosing to study here
- Become involved in research experiences that give you a chance to put into practice what you’re learning and make the most of your intellectual energy.
- Take part in meaningful field trips that stimulate authentic learning.
- Become involved in a humanistic educational project that helps you build psychosocial aptitudes.
- Build language skills to be able to communicate better verbally and in writing.
General admission conditions
To be eligible for college, you have to meet the following conditions:
Hold a secondary school diploma or hold a secondary school vocational diploma and have successfully completed the following courses:
- Language of Instruction – Secondary 5
- Second Language – Secondary 5
- Mathematics – Secondary 4
Students admitted with Math 416 — under the program in effect before the education reform – will have to take a 15-hour upgrading course.
Special admission conditions
My future in Social Science
University studies in the following fields:
- Social science (politics, economics, history, psychology, geography, philosophy, criminology, law);
- Communications (communication, journalism, public relations, cinema, television);
- Education (pre-school, primary school, secondary school teaching, special education);
- And many other fields.
Service des communications et des activités internationales
418 368-2201, ext.1420
1 888 368-2201, ext. 1420