Duration: 3 semesters
Offered at: English Section
Enjoy a first college experience and explore the various opportunities available to you. Check out the different disciplines we offer and complete courses you need to be admitted to a specific program. You also have access to individualized academic support to help you make the transition to college successfully.
You can also take advantage of a class aimed at helping students develop effective study methods and learning strategies.
There are also learning and help centres set up for students who want to improve their linguistic and math skills.
Why study here
- With individual support from your own teacher-tutor who, if you’re enrolled in the Studying at college course, you will learn how to use all the tools you’ll need to improve your study methods and guidance approach.
- There’s a Support Centre where you can get help in French, mother-tongue English, second-language English and math.
This pathway is for you if...
You’re still thinking about what fields of study you might be interested in;
- You’d like to explore courses that are offered in various programs;
- You haven’t finished the pre-requisite courses you need for admission to another program;
- You’d like to build your study techniques and improve your academic performance;
- You experienced some difficulty while you were at secondary school and you’re worried about studying at college;
- You’re missing six or more credits you need for your secondary school diploma; or
- The program you’ve chosen is offered outside the region but you’d like to complete the general portion of the program in your home region.
Enrol in a pre-university or technical program once you’ve finished your springboard pathway or at the end of your first term.
General admission conditions
To be eligible for college, you have to meet the following conditions:
Hold a secondary school diploma or hold a secondary school vocational diploma and have successfully completed the following courses:
- Language of Instruction – Secondary 5
- Second Language – Secondary 5
- Mathematics – Secondary 4
Special admission conditions
|Course number||Course Title||Ponderation
session 1(0 hours/week)
|109-101-MQ||Physical Activity and Health||1||1||1|
|360-803-GA||Étudier au cégep||1||2||3|
|602-CGE-R4||French S. L. Common GE||1||2||3|
|603-101-MQ||Introduction to College English||2||2||4|
|COM-001-03||Elective course 1||2||1||3|
|201-016-50||Remedial Activities for Secondary IV Mathematics: Technical and Scientific Option||2||3||3||
session 2(0 hours/week)
|109-102-MQ||Physical Activity and Effectiveness||0||2||1|
|602-PGE-R4||French S. L. Applied GE||1||2||3|
|COM-002-03||Elective course 2||2||1||3|
|Choice of 1 from 3|
|201-015-50||Remedial Activities for Secondary V Mathematics: Technical and Scientific Option||4||2||4||
session 3(9 hours/week)
|109-103-MQ||Physical Activity and Autonomy||1||1||1|
Service aux clientèles
418 368-2201, ext. 1420
1 888 368-2201, ext. 1420