The student residence
If you are looking for a place to live in downtown Gaspé, the Gaspé Campus has a residence right on campus, connected by an indoor corridor to the René Levesque Pavillon. Residence housing is located near all services, including the Caisse Populaire, pharmacies, supermarkets, cinema, convenience stores, shopping centres, etc. Residence living is a great way to share the routines of daily life with other students, meet new people and make friends.
Any student enrolled in a full-time program at the Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles or a continuing education program provided by Groupe Collegia can live at the Residence.
Description of housing
The Residence can accommodate up to 285 students and offers two types of housing at affordable prices in a pleasant environment conducive to making new friends. You can choose to live in an apartment (205 rooms) or a pavilion (80 rooms).
Occupying either 2 or 3 stories, the apartments feature:
- 3 or 6 individual, furnished rooms;
- An equipped kitchen (electric range, fridge, table and chairs, storage cupboards);
- A bathroom (with shower).
Occupying either 2 or 3 stories, the pavilions feature:
- 20 to 30 individual furnished rooms;
- Two shared bathrooms (with showers) per floor;
- An equipped kitchen (two electric ranges, two fridges, a microwave oven and storage cupboards); and
- A shared living room.
The bedrooms are furnished as follows
- Bed and mattress,
- Worktable and chair,
- Wastepaper basket,
- Bedding (if requested).
Services and conveniences
- Two laundry rooms;
- Personal mail box;
- Pool room;
- Room to store bicycles;
- Indoor access to all College facilities including the cafeteria, library, computer labs and school store (Coopérative étudiante du Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles).
- A safe environment;
- Presence of an employee on the premises 7 days a week, 24 hours a day;
- A centralised fire detection system and surveillance camera system;
- A 9-month lease to cover the academic year;
- Phone and cable service in the apartments and pavilion bedrooms included in the rental rate.
For rental rates of rooms in an apartment or a pavilion, please read the following document 2019-2020 rental rates.
For students enrolled in regular programs at the Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles, rent must be paid when the lease is signed in August, and then on the first day of every month from September to May. New tenants arriving in January are required to make their first payment when they sign the lease.
In the case of Groupe Collegia students, the date the first payment is to be made will depend on when their courses begin; subsequent instalments will have to be paid monthly on the first day of each month for the duration of the lease.
If you would like to live at the Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles residence, you can submit your completed and signed application form in various ways: by phone, e-mail, regular mail or by going directly to the Residence. You must include $10 to cover administration costs for opening a file. This fee is not reimbursable and only needs to be paid once.
Send your application to :
Geneviève Milot, Residence Manager
Phone: 418-368-2201, ext. 1414 or 418-368-2749
Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles Residence
94 Rue Jacques Cartier
Gaspé (Québec) G4X 2P6
To find out about housing available in Gaspé and the surrounding area, we invite you to consult the local weekly, Le Pharillon.
or visit the Radio-Gaspésie website.